ROTOTEK LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
At Rototek we take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information please contact email@example.com. The controller of your data is Rototek Ltd, trading as IMPBINS, FREERAIN & 3C TANKS.
Scope of this policy
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of GDPR.
Rototek keeps and uses details of contacts from customers, clients and companies who use our services or buy our products, including the nature and content of correspondence, and the types and specifications of products and services provided. We use this information to maintain and improve the services and products we supply, and we may from time to time use the information to shape the services we offer to you, and to enhance the products we design, manufacture or supply.
We will retain this information to help us provide you with information relevant to yours and our interests.
We will not disclose any information about individuals, except where we are entitled or required by law to do so.
The Rototek GDPR owner (Data Protection Officer) is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Rototek and its trading divisions collecting or processing personal data.
All employees of Rototek and its trading divisions, who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subjects attention, and where required that their consent to the processing of their data is obtained.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us, and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process includes all or some of the following:
- Your name
- Your home or work address, email address, and/or phone number
- Your company name
- Your job title
- Your username and password (where this is applicable)
- Your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details where you make purchases from us
- Information related to the browser, operating system or device you use to access the website
- Your IP address
- Your preferences for communicating with us
- Recordings of calls you make to our customer service team
- Any other personal information you provide when interacting or communicating with us online or offline
How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for the use?
The personal data we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To establish and fulfil a contract with you, where for example you have made a purchase from us. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it. This may include such activities as verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services, and arranging delivery of products or services
- To comply with current legislation or regulation
- In accordance with the legitimate interests of Rototek, protecting such legitimate interests and rights, including (but not limited to) use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation
- Communicating relevant information about our products and services
- Contacting customers directly about products or services they have purchased
- Notifying customers about any changes relevant to their relationship with Rototek and its trading divisions
- To personalise our communications with you, your website experience, or products and services, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- In circumstances where you contact us by telephone we may record your call for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- We may also monitor any customer account for security purposes
Our legal basis for processing personal data is:
- Performance of Contract
- Legitimate interests
- Legal obligations
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, (or third parties we may use), are:
News and information about our products
- News and information about the services we offer
- Information about your account or relationship with us
- Information about where you can view or inspect our products, or speak with members of our team such as exhibitions and displays we may attend from time to time
- Quality, training and security
- Prevention and reporting of fraud, misrepresentation, terrorism, security incidents or crime
We may send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will we share your data?
We will never sell your personal information or otherwise disclose this data except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share information with third parties who perform services for us, and these third parties are not authorised by us to disclose your information except where it is necessary to the service.
We may on occasion transfer to, process and store the information we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries we will protect the information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Examples of circumstances in which we may share your data out of necessity:
- to comply with our contractual duties
- to take payment for the goods or services purchased we may share data with credit card payment providers or agencies
- to supply and deliver the products or services purchased we may share data with suppliers, carriers, haulage contractors and the like
- where we are legally obliged or required to share data for legislative, regulatory or investigative matters
- to contractors who carry out some of our functions, such our IT systems, payroll, pension scheme or other financial functions
- upon request from the data subject
Transferring customer and external providers information
Sometimes we may need to transfer some information about our customers to our suppliers in other countries to enable our goods to be delivered directly.
We may on occasion transfer to, process and store the information we collect in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which the information was provided. When we transfer information to other countries we will protect the information as described in this Privacy Notice.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it. We also retain certain information as required by law or, for as long as is reasonably necessary, to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us, and thereafter for a period of time in line with our products lifespan or warranty or service period up to a period of 10 years. In some instances, laws may require us to hold certain information for periods other than that stated.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we process is reliable for its intended use, is accurate, up to date and complete, and is limited to the information required to carry out the processing for the purposes as described in this Privacy Notice.
What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right by in some cases checking boxes on the forms we use to request your data, or by following the above procedure to unsubscribe from all our communications.
Where we have asked for your consent to process your data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete you can notify us and we will correct it.
Accessing personal data
You may view the data that is relevant to you by making a request to do so, there is no charge for this. We will respond to the request as soon as possible, and may require verification of identity if the request is not made in person.
Where we process a large amount of data about you, we may ask you to specify more particularly the information that the request relates to.
The data relevant to the request will be provided wherever possible within one month of receiving the request; if the request is complex we will inform you within one month of the need for an extension. In these circumstances the relevant data will be provided within no more than three months from the date of the request.
We will provide the data in such form as we deem appropriate in the circumstances. This will usually mean by a commonly used electronic format such as a PDF document, or where the request is made in person, this may be by original photocopy.
Frivolous, malicious or repetitive requests will be dealt with appropriately, and may incur an administrative fee.
We will protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability (for authorised purposes) of the personal data.
How do I make a complaint?
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office) or with our data protection representative at:
Sylvan Way, Old Great North Road, Balderton, Newark, Nottinghamshire. NG24 3UT
Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive, which identify you when you enter the site. The ability to select samples on our site is not cookie-driven. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the site and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our site traffic and analyse our demographic information in aggregate form. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, our site will not identify you when you enter (and you will need to manually type in you ID and password if this is applicable to the area you wish to view).
We do not store any personal information that you have provided to us in any cookie issued by our website.